Design for UX – Beautiful, Simple and Obvious!
Too often are mobile applications and webpages designed consideration given to how the end-user will explore and traverse the interfaces – It can be only natural for developers to design the interfaces for themselves. This approach leads to a poor UX – users, without the technical insider knowledge of how the back-end of the app works, to be completely lost in the front-end.
A few tips to create a better User Experience:
- Function before Form – A beautiful app is no good if it doesn’t make sense.
- Don’t be afraid of blank space – It can focus attention on what really matters.
- Focus on speed and be responsive – For modern users, speed is necessary.
- Be consistent – Keep the same styles throughout the application.
- Keep it simple – Make functions obvious!
Let us know your thoughts on Design for UX, do you have any examples of good or bad designs?